Self-Service Banking Asia 2017
Makati Shangri-la Hotel, Manila, Philippines
22nd-23rd March 2017
Self-Service Banking Asia 2017 (formerly 'Southeast Asia ATMs') is the only dedicated ATM and self-service banking conference in this large and rapidly growing region.
The 2017 event in Manila builds on previous, highly successful conferences in Bangkok, Beijing, Dubai, Jakarta, London and Mumbai. The conference brings together over 300 banks, independent deployers, processors, ATM hardware and software vendors, CIT companies and other service providers, in one venue, for a unique conference. The event is based around a two-day speaker programme, including case studies addressing a full range of hardware, software and services related topics, and an ATM and self-service banking technology exhibition area showcasing the latest banking products and solutions.
For further information please see below or download the conference brochure.
The delegate ticket price covers the full two-day conference, including all food and drink and an invitation to the complimentary drinks reception at the end of the first day. If you have any questions about registration, please email Joanne Kumire.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- Banks £480 (until 24/02/17, then £600)
- Suppliers/Others £1,120 (until 24/02/17, then £1,400).
Exhibiting and sponsoring
The exhibition area is very nearly sold out. Please contact Amanda Hardy urgently if you would like to book the only remaining booth or discuss sponsorship opportunities.
A limited number of guest rooms at the Makati Shangri-La hotel are available on a first-come-first-served basis for Php 9,000 (per night, excl. service, VAT and local tax) for Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd March 2017. To benefit from this preferential rate, please make your reservation online via the following link: www.shangri-la.com/manila/makatishangrila/reservations/ using group code "RBR210317" or by calling +63 2 813 8888 and quoting “RBR210317”.
Day One, Wednesday 22nd March
09:00 Keynote addresses
• The role of self-service in financial inclusion
Melchor T. Plabasan, Head of Core Information Technology Specialist Group, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Philippines)
• Philippines: 7,500 islands, 103 million Filipinos and 18,600 ATMs
Jennifer M. Tantan, CEO and Treasurer, MegaLink (Philippines)
• Best practices for ATM operational efficiency – a global overview
Antonio Encinar Arroyo, Global ATM Manager, Retail and Commercial Banking Division, Santander Group (Spain)
10:45 Coffee and exhibits open
11:30 The evolution of self-service banking
• Self-service terminal strategy – a bane or boon for banks?
Jerome Hon, Group Chief Operations Officer, Maybank (Malaysia)
• The dilemma of digital transformation for a challenger bank
Andreas Kurniawan, Executive Vice President, Retail Business Development, OCBC NISP (Indonesia)
• Omnichannel integration – creating a digital bank
Paolo J. Baltao, Head of EON Banking Group, UnionBank of the Philippines (Philippines)
12:45 Lunch and exhibits open
14:00 Using technology to streamline branch processes
• Automated cash recycling – a significant milestone in our journey towards optimising our cash value chain
Preni Naidoo, Executive Head of Self-Service Banking, Nedbank (South Africa) and Carlo Cruz, Country Manager, NCR (Philippines)
• Maximising customer interaction using teller automation
• Building branch transformation from the customer up
15:30 Coffee and exhibits open
16:15 ATM software – new horizons for the network
• ATM logical security – adapting to new threats
Carlos Sahuquillo Pascual, Security Consultant, Secure e-Solutions, GMV (Spain)
• Beyond cash – pushing the limits of ATM functionality
• Connected commerce in a digital world
Karsten Kemna, VP Sales and Systems, APAC, Diebold Nixdorf (Singapore), and customer bank
17:30 Drinks reception
Day Two, Thursday 23rd March
09:00 ATM optimisation and cash management
• Evolution, not revolution
Giulio Segurini, Market Research Specialist, ARCA (Italy)
• Embracing change: “To take a major step forward sometimes requires a change in direction.”
Peter Blackett, Business Director, BankTech (Australia)
• Testing ATMs in the 21st century – a case study
10:45 Coffee and exhibits open
11:30 Securing the ATM with the latest technology
• Biometrics at the ATM – secure and convenient authentication
Sujan Parthasaradhi, Director of Biometric Applications, APAC, HID Global (USA)
• ATM security – insight on latest attacks and defences
Mike van der Wal, Managing Director, APAC, TMD Security (Singapore)
• The journey to EMV compliance in the Philippines
Eric J. Severino, CEO, ENCASH (Philippines)
13:15 Lunch and exhibits open
14:30 International perspectives and ATM best practice
• Reaching new and existing customers using self-service technology
Randolph L. Montesa, First Vice President and Head, Card and Electronic Banking Group, Land Bank of the Philippines (Philippines)
• Cash management in crisis – experience from India
• Forecasting the future for ATMs in Southeast Asia
Emily Beeby, Senior Research Analyst, RBR (UK)
16:00 Closing remarks