Our consulting is facts-based and analytically rigorous – we believe this sets us apart from other firms. We work closely with clients to help them tackle difficult questions and convert insights into actionable strategies.
in-depth industry knowledge
Our advisory work leverages RBR’s in-depth industry knowledge and international research capabilities, including our extensive bank and non-bank relationships around the world, to provide clients with bespoke market intelligence and help them develop actionable strategies.
RBR is fiercely independent. We will turn down work that risks undermining this independence.
RBR works closely on an ongoing basis with some of the world’s leading banking and retail technology suppliers, who consider our bespoke services and expertise essential. We serve a wide variety of clients in retail banking, consumer finance, payment networks, equipment manufacturers, private equity, regulatory authorities and industry associations.
- Conduct regular annual strategy review with topical information on behalf of client CEO and Board
- Commercial due diligence of leading payment services provider for global PE firm
Market opportunities and entry strategies
- Assessment of total addressable market and growth opportunities for multinational technology firm
- European potential of ATM outsourcing for international manufacturer
Industry and competitor benchmarking
- Develop and maintain bespoke, annual industry and competitor datasets for leading international payment network
- Develop and maintain source data and information for a global interactive platform aimed at banks and financial institutions
Forecasting demand for products and services
- Opportunity for independent self-service deployment in multiple countries
- Current and likely future demand for teller assist equipment for international supplier
Case study research and regulatory analysis
- Digital and postal banking services across Europe for Japanese consulting firm
- Impact of regulation on the payment card sector
compact advisory package
We often receive requests from clients who require specific, ad hoc, strategic advice or research, but do not want to establish separate projects every time this occurs. Our report customers often wish to follow up, to obtain more in-depth understanding and advice on specific issues and markets.
In order to help deal with difficult questions that would benefit from independent, expert advice, but do not merit a complicated, external consulting project, RBR offers a compact advisory package.
The principal benefits of the package are…
- Advisory days to be used at your discretion
- No time limit for use of days
- No minimum size of request
- Access to sector/country experts
Typical advisory requests include…
- Ad hoc requests lasting from a few hours to a few days
- Internal client workshops/presentations
- Independent reviews of strategic plans and business cases
- Expert advice and opinions on client strategies
- Access to interim findings from RBR research prior to publication
- Setting up meetings and interviews with selected institutions
- Independent perspectives on competitor activities
- Unbiased views of market shares
- Bespoke analysis and case studies
- High-level market estimates/forecasts
Please contact us if you believe this service would be of interest to your organisation.