RBR is a strategic research and consulting firm, providing market intelligence, analysis and advice to leading organisations in the banking and retail automation, cards and payments sectors around the world. We have also been organising specialist conferences on self-service and digital banking, branch transformation and banking security for more than a decade.
We are a non-hierarchical organisation, where roles blend and everyone is expected to be a collaborative member of the RBR team. Individuals have different skill sets and at RBR we value diversity because it increases the company’s expertise and capabilities.
RBR’s Associate role is focused on international primary and secondary research, including surveys, executive interviews, analysis of data and statistics and report writing. Our work is both quantitative and qualitative. The role is varied as you will be involved in reports, consulting, newsletters and conference activities.
Candidates must be fluent in English and Spanish and have a passion for building a career in market intelligence.
Successful candidates will typically have a mix of strong communication, writing and numerical skills, and the ability to build relationships with research contacts around the world.
You will have significant individual responsibility, while working as part of larger project teams. As you build your career within the business you will gain increased project manager responsibilities. You will acquire knowledge of and insight into the latest developments in banking and retail automation, cards and payments plus a wide range of research and strategy consulting skills.
This position is ideal for candidates with 2-6 years of researcher, analyst or other post-degree experience – this would perhaps be your second or third job. We are looking for motivated graduates able to work on their own and in teams. You should have a good academic background, an understanding of research and analysis and fluent (native standard) written and spoken English.
RBR prides itself on its commitment to employee development and we are focusing on candidates who are interested in building their career at RBR over 2+ years with the company.
The role is office-based for the first three months, after which associates are required to work in the office a minimum of 3 days a week for the first 2 years, and a minimum of 2 days after 2+ years.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Business Development Manager
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join our growing Sales team. This role requires a substantial amount of new client acquisition (“hunter”) enthusiasm and includes cross-selling published research and subscription services and growing relationships with new clients. You will prospect, cultivate and win new opportunities within your target accounts. You will also manage the onboarding and delivery for clients you bring on, providing proactive support across their relationship period with a focus on repeat sales and generating new streams of revenue with those clients.
The ideal candidate has a zeal for finding growth! Strong sales process habits, intellectual curiosity and joy in balancing autonomy and group work are all great predictors of success at RBR.
Desired experience and capabilities include:
• 3+ years of B2B business development and client service experience
• the ability to engage C-level and senior leadership within client organisations
• a track record of overachievement on goals or quotas
• proficiency in Salesforce.com
• outstanding written and oral communication skills, and strong organisational skills
• English fluency, a bachelor’s degree and a willingness to travel up to 20% of the time, although current year travel expectations are much lower
• Experience in the financial services industry and selling a subscription-based model are a plus, but not required
• Build a deep knowledge of RBR’s service offerings
• Prospect potential new clients and run sales cycles to generate new subscription and consulting revenues
• Investigate and understand the business objectives of potential clients in order to develop and demonstrate a solution tailored to their needs
• Effectively present the value of RBR’s products and services to potential clients
• Achieve the assigned quota by selling research services and consulting projects
• Develop a realistic revenue forecast in coordination with your manager
• Track activities and report on progress in Salesforce.com
• Own and direct the onboarding experience for each new account, familiarising them with our product offerings
RBR is committed to offering a rewarding professional environment. The compensation package includes a base salary, commission and a pension.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to [email protected].
RBR is an equal opportunity employer. RBR will never contact you from a domain other than @rbrlondon.com, @aite.com, @novarica.com, or @aite-novarica.com.